KLM and Oriental City Restaurant in Culinary Partnership on China Routes
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has entered into a culinary partnership with the Oriental City restaurant. From the start of the winter schedule, passengers traveling from Amsterdam on routes to China will be served top-quality Chinese meals prepared by the master chefs of this Amsterdam restaurant.
- Oriental City - MaaltijdKLM gaat vanaf de winterdienst een culinaire samenwerking aan met restaurant Oriental City. Hierdoor krijgen passagiers op de Chinese routes vanaf Schiphol hoogstaande Chinese gerechten bereid door de topchefs van dit Amsterdamse restaurant.
- Oriental City - Officieel moment.KLM gaat vanaf de winterdienst een culinaire samenwerking aan met restaurant Oriental City. Hierdoor krijgen passagiers op de Chinese routes vanaf Schiphol hoogstaande Chinese gerechten bereid door de topchefs van dit Amsterdamse restaurant.
- Oriental City - Officieel moment 2KLM gaat vanaf de winterdienst een culinaire samenwerking aan met restaurant Oriental City. Hierdoor krijgen passagiers op de Chinese routes vanaf Schiphol hoogstaande Chinese gerechten bereid door de topchefs van dit Amsterdamse restaurant.
- Oriental City - Maaltijd
- Oriental City - Officieel moment.
- Oriental City - Officieel moment 2
The partnership has been sealed for a two year initial period, with an option to extend the agreement. The Chinese meals will be served in the World Business Class as well as Economy Class. Oriental City will provide the starter and main courses for the early meal service in World Business Class and all dishes in Economy Class.
Oriental City is located in the heart of Amsterdam, just 10 minutes’ walk from Central Station. The restaurant was established more than 25 years ago and is renowned for its Cantonese kitchen, headed by Chinese chefs from Hong Kong. The Cantonese style is one of eight Chinese “haute cuisines” and is renowned for its delicate and innovative character. With its endless range of creative variations, Cantonese cuisine always guarantees sensational flavours and endless delights. Oriental City is a trendsetter in this innovative tradition and recently extended its range with the delectable Szechuan style. These new delicacies offer passengers a whole new range of tasty and spicy flavours from the KLM kitchen.
KLM has a longstanding tradition of working with leading chefs to create meals for its Business Class Passengers. By partnering with top chefs and sommeliers, KLM continues to invest in inflight service. Next up is master chef Onno Kokmeijer, whose meals will be served in World Business Class on non-China-bound KLM flights out of Amsterdam in October and November.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines was founded in 1919, making it the world’s oldest airline still operating under its original name. In 2004, Air France and KLM merged to form AIR FRANCE KLM. The merger produced the strongest European airline group based on two powerful brands and hubs – Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Paris Charles de Gaulle. Retaining its own identity, the group focuses on three core businesses: passenger transport, cargo and aircraft maintenance.
In the Netherlands, KLM comprises the core of the KLM Group, which further includes KLM Cityhopper, transavia.com and Martinair. KLM serves all its destinations using a modern fleet and employs over 33,000 people around the world. KLM is a leader in the airline industry, offering reliable operations and customer-oriented products resulting from its policy of enthusiasm and sustainable innovation.
KLM is a member of the global SkyTeam airline alliance, offering customers an extensive worldwide network. The KLM network connects the Netherlands to every important economic region in the world and, as such, serves as a powerful driver for the economy.
SkyTeam is a global airline alliance providing customers from member airlines access to an extensive worldwide network offering more destinations, more frequencies and more connectivity. Passengers can earn and redeem Frequent Flyer Miles throughout the SkyTeam network. SkyTeam member airlines offer customers access to over 490 lounges worldwide.